Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Johan's 7!



 Johan had his 7th birthday today! It was pretty low-key, being on a Wednesday and all. I joined him at school for lunch (croissants with tomato and pesto). He chose not to go to swimming, so we pretty much hung around the house until dinner.

 After a quick "I'm 7" photo shoot, we had his chosen meal of king crab, green beans and rice. Yep, king crab. It appears that our efforts to expose the kids to a variety of foods has backfired on us in a very expensive way.
 I baked him an Oreo cake as requested. It was a chocolate cake with holes poked in and Oreo pudding poured on top. Topped with whipped cream and crushed Oreos. Pretty delicious if I do say so myself!
 Finally, present time! He's all about Pokemon right now, so he was thrilled to get an entire lunch box full of cards, notebooks, pencils, and other Poke-goods in addition to a football from Oscar, a cube puzzle from Irene, and a Barnes & Noble gift card from Grandma and Grandpa. I'm pretty sure whatever he decides to do with it will involve Pokemon.
This Saturday he will have a few friends over for a little party. It should be fun!

No comments: