Sunday, 16 April 2017

Easter 2017

Happy Easter! Although I find that the Easter spirit is not as abundant as when I was growing up, we kept busy and I think the kids had a good time. Saturday morning we got up early and joined a 5K race taking place just down the road at the local lake. The kids were all pretty tired from their swimming the night before, but we made it across the finish line! We even got to take some pictures with the Easter bunny and pick up some eggs. Oscar won a month of Camp Gladiator - a boot camp-style fitness camp. He's pretty fit already, so I was happy to take that off his hands. I start tomorrow...if I dare. 

 Saturday evening we got busy tye dying eggs. This was the first year that we did both boiled and blown-out eggs. The kids were fascinated by the empty eggs. The tye dye effect came out better than expected as well!







 Sunday after church (and a quick photo shoot at Lake Pflugerville), Young-Hoon fired up the BBQ for the first time this year while the kids went wild with an egg hunt. 41 eggs in the house, then 40 eggs in the yard. We had a nice, relaxing Easter afternoon, and now it's time to get busy working on next weekend's excitement: Irene & Oscar's birthday. Oh, and I'd also like to point out Irene's dress. We've been working on it since last summer. Irene picked out the fabric and style, I cut out the pieces and she did the stitching. Our interest has come and gone, but we finally finished it up about a month ago! I'm guessing this will be the most wear it will get considering she's not into dresses anymore. (This probably had a lot to do with our interest level!)






1 comment:

Grandma said...

Sounds like a fun, busy weekend. The eggs are very pretty. Irene's dress is very pretty also.